Sunday, July 3, 2011

A tale of 2 yarns

I wanted to show you the different ways I put the boys hair on. This is Malachi and Hunter, they are custom orders for 2 different Mama's.

As you can see Malachi's hair sewn down. The reason for this is the thickness of the handspun wool that I used, making it almost impossible to hook the hair through a crochet cap. Hunter's hair (on the right) is hooked through, the yarn is much thinner than Malachi's. Hooking the hair through a cap takes forever! But not as much as this little guy, Bailey.
Bailey's hair took me about 4 hours. I had to sew each strand of hair individually and it looks fantastic all spiked up like that and is so lovely to touch but way too much work to replicate.

And since there is way too many boy on the page, I thought I would include a girl :)


Em x

1 comment: